Thursday 2 July 2009

neckwarmer


While away I was really busy, with work and finally with a short holiday. his time everything happened so tightly that I even had no time to see my knitting frinds in Melbourne! What a pity, I had planned to go to knitting in public day at federation square, but couldn't make it. I did manage to knit in pubic anywere, and finished a small neckwarmer for P: it was winter and cool down there (while here it is presently quite warm!).


So here it is!

Pattern: made up
Wool: Cleckheaton 8ply, purchased at Clegs in Melbourne
Needles: 4.5 mm metal
Directions: Cast on 84, joined and worked in p1 k1 for a while. Then decided that this wool looked best in stockinette, so did a larger part just knitting, and then switched back to p1 k1 ribbing until the wool finished.

P is pleased with it, and wants to keep it. So I will not frog the second ribbed portion to transform it in a hat as originally planned.
No worries, there are two other balls of this wool, so a hat will soon apper (maybe a Wholly Wormhead pattern.....).

No comments: