Friday 3 July 2009

Questionnaire for SP14

So here it is! I guess I will add and edit it further in the next days, but here it goes.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like natural fibers, but can happily cope with some amount of artificial, though I dont’t like all acrylic. My favourite natural fibers so far are wool and cotton, I also like Alpaca a lot. Of course, there are lots of fibers I have never tried, so maybe I shall develop other loves.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have tried several methods but havent’t found the one I like yet. Right now straights are in a bottle holder (the sort of cardboard tubes with metallic lids in wich liqueurs are packaged), and circulars and dpns sets are in a wood box (that originally contained wine bottles, seems there is a pattern there!).

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have started to knit seriously a couple of years ago and would define myself as intermediate. I mainly taught myself from books and the interet, even though I had memories on how to cast on and knit and purl since childhood!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, but it is not updated! I’m a big reader, I adore books and read lots of them. Knitting books are not exception, toghether with all other sorts of crafty books (quilting, embroidery, spinning, weaving, paper related things...).

5. What's your favorite scent?

All citrussy scents, but I’m not a big fan of parfumes, usually I avoid parfume parts in big stores, as I am allergic to some plants and usually start to sneeze quite a lot!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I adore chocolate, but really like all sweets (and salted food too!).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I have been embroidering for long, like sometimes to sew (I developed recently an attraction for quilting, but haven’t found the good moment to start with it), and I have started to teach myself spinning (drop spindle, but I’d love to follow a spinning course). I would also like to dye fibers, and maybe one day learn to weave (for now I just have books about all these activities).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I am a fan of jazz and classical music, and have both usual and mp3 cd’s for the computer and car. Lately I also have become fond of audiobooks, which I like to listen after having read the actual book. I have several that were broadcast from the radio.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like oranges, blues and greens, but also greys and browns. The only thing I’m not fond of is soft pinks.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my partner P. No childrens or pets (we travel too much for the latter).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of them except ponchos, of wich I’m not a fan at all.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to knit hats, occasionally socks, scarves and mittens. I would like to have enough patience for pullovers, but since they take so much time, I seem never to finish them, especially if they need seaming.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Hats (always at least a coule on the needles), socks (one pair at a time), one shrug (almost finished) and a cardigan. Planning to cast on a bag, and much more. I would be inclined to have many projects going on at the same time, but try to refrain from having all I would like.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I adore handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Absolutely circulars. In order of preference: metallic, bamboo and plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Unfortunately not.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 years (knitting UFO), 15 years (embroidery UFO)!

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

Usually I do not follow “official” holidays, but take holydays from work when I can. I always observe Christmas: everybody is home, and we have a huge family meeting, which is a lot of fun. Of course, it is not the only we have, but that one is special, especially with small children around (my faboulous nieces). I rarely take my summer break in due time (here it is August) but I manage to have some rest.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Chickens!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I often think of putting my hands on interweave knits, but haven’t managed that yet. Usually I concede myself to buy knitting books when they are on sale, and right now there isn’t an urgent desire....

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I would like to try colourwork.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I knit socks and my feet is 41 EU (will measure it and add length and circumference, as I have very thin feet.

23. When is your birthday?

December 5th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes, I’m gis on Ravelry

No comments: