Saturday 31 October 2009

another hat

I'm never tired of praising Wooly Wormhead designs.
And this time, I have immensely enjoyed myself in knitting this beauty!
Look at the stitch, I was fearing it was going to be difficult or extremely laboriuos, and instead it went on ... like butter!



The pattern, Star Beanie (Rav link) by Woolly Wormhead, is as usual super well written and clear, and was fantastic and quick to knit. Hey, if you go to her site, visit the blog, and have a look at the download section, where there are lots of interesting informations about techniques besides free patterns!


I used 4mm needles, and a pure wool from BBB lane, of which I do not remember the name. I used a bit less than a skein. And look at the colour (OK, not the one in the above photo, which is overexposed). The only tricky part of the scheme was the change in moving the marker at the end of the body of the hat, but by then you must have got the hang on how the stars should overlap, and thus I was able to make them spiral up continuously as by pattern.

This was the november KAL at the Wormhead's hats group on Ravelry, and if you check there, a new KAL is starting tomorrow, with two new designs... Anticipations are high!

Speaking of knit alongs, the bug has beaten me lately, as I have decided to participate also to the short-rows KAL, organised, I think, by Miss Piggott at the kn.it group (Ravelry link). I like a lot to knit toghther with other people, albeit virtually, and actually also to know them in real person afterwards, as it often happens after a while! So internet starts as a virtual space, but it is then possible to know the people you share something with in reality!

No comments: