Wednesday 8 December 2010

08/31 difference

Today it's holiday, and I'm at home (working...). It's a pleasure to enjoy the house, to have time to devote to little, neglected things that will make a difference in how we live here, to stay with beloved ones, to hear friends, near and far away.

365_022

Interestingly today's reflection is "Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond).

Different is an interesting word. We all feel different and alike at the same time, and it is totally true that beauty resides in difference, notwithstanding the continous messages we get from society and TV preaching that we all must be equal (and not only exteriorly).
There are many ways in which I feel different (but not SO different, after all) that I don't want to discuss here, I am a firm believer that everybody has to understand, accept and then cultivate their differences, not to feel superior, but to feel alike and alive! I suspect this is a bit unclear, please bear with me!
True to be said, this attitude has caused me sometimes problems in life, as sometimes people do not understand this, but most times it has brought me SO MANY good things, experiences and friends!

365_195

No comments: