Friday 31 December 2010

31/31 core story and back to knitting


December 31 – Core Story What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)

This stays safely in my diary, and now let’s resume old good knitting habits as there are some news!


IMG_2637


I have finished my tenth shawl of the 10 shawls in 2010 group on ravelry! I like it very much and I’m very proud of it: until I blocked it I was very undecided about this shawl, I somehow felt it was not going to be a good one, and instead I have changed my mind and now I do like it!


IMG_2652


The pattern is Springtime bandit by Kate Gagnon Osborne, knitted with Fyberspates and a small border in a slightly darker green using Grignasco merino wool and with 5mm needles.

The pattern is well written and easy, I wasn’t sure to finish it given the thousands serious things that happened in this last part of the year, but une row every evening before going to seep, and here it is!


IMG_2641


IMG_2649


I have just also finished this nice tiny little baby cardigan for some friend’s.


IMG_2690


Pattern is Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down. I highly recommend it, it is easy, well written and gorgeous!

Wooden buttons were used to complete the cardigan: not knowing yet the sex of the newborn, I decided to go on something unisex and classic, but with some happy color!


IMG_2676


I have already started dreaming for the New year’s projects, and there is already a good numbers of WIPs on the needles, so stay tuned!


No comments: