Friday 27 April 2012

where I live ~ roofs

I have a special fascination with roofs. I love them and the stories they tell!

IMG_1837

I especially love those tiles, with the reddish colors

DSC_0426

And all those lichens and little plants you find on old roofs

IMG_0487c

I also adore wooden roofs from the inside, but I have no photo to show you that. So just bear with a glass one!

DSC_0281

One of the dreams I have is to live in a house with a wooden roof. And to return to listen to rain while sheltering under a metallic roof!

Edited to add: more roofs here, at Francesca's, where a lot of nice ideas are born!


8 comments:

Francesca said...

I have a little piece of a glass roof (a large skylight, actually), and the sound of the rain on it is amazing, though at times can be too loud.
Thanks for playing along, happy weekend!

Menthe Blanche said...

Beautiful old roofs on the third picture. So authentic!

Dorte said...

so many different and beautiful roofs in your corner.

Kristin said...

Beautiful roofs! I like the bird's perspective.

Beth said...

That first photo is stunnning!
You show quite a variety and contrasts here---enjoyed this tour!:>)

Paula said...

I like the 2nd and 3rd pictures a lot.
Those old roofs look very nice!
Thanks for sharing this.

Paula said...

I like the 2nd and 3rd pictures a lot.
Those old roofs look very nice!
Thanks for sharing this.

sunnymama said...

Gorgeous roofs! I especially love the lichen on the tiles. :)